Throughout New South Wales’ history, rail transport has been a symbol of connection, expansion and progress. This expansion continues today, allowing New South Wales to effectively and efficiently export and import bulk commodities around Australia and overseas.
The New South Wales rail network is extensive, covering the majority of the state. Both passenger and freight trains move on the lines that link suburb to city, farmland to coast and bulk export products to international ports.
- A list of NSW Rail Operators
- Rail Corporation NSW (RailCorp) provides metropolitan and long distance passenger rail services
- Transport New South Wales – Promoting efficient freight movement on rail, road and sea
- Sydney Ports – Rail Operations
- CountryLink carries almost two million passengers every year to over 365 destinations in NSW, Queensland, the ACT and Victoria
Publications & Reports
- Links as per Regulations page
- Links as per Statistics page