Western Australia is a vast state with one major city, Perth. Perth airport is one of five major ‘gateway’ airports to Australia. It accommodates international, interstate and intrastate air services.
There are great distances between smaller centres of population, so aviation is essential in keeping communities and businesses connected and operating. The resources sector especially relies heavily on aviation. Passenger numbers to regional centres are low, so regulated air services are offered through a competitive tender process at regular intervals.
The importance of aviation in Western Australia has been recognised with the Department of Transport providing funds to support the upgrade of airport infrastructure in regional and remote areas through the Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS).
Western Australia Intrastate, Interstate and International Air Services with information on regulated and deregulated air services
Aircraft Noise Complaint: Details on how to register a complaint with the Airservice Australia Noise Enquiry Service
WA Planning Policy Metropoltan Freight Network: The intent of this policy is to identify and protect the metropolitan freight road and rail network as well as minimise the adverse impact of freight transport noise on adjacent development
Western Australia Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS) The objective of the Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS) is to improve regional air services and air safety.
- Perth Airport – Freight and Cargo Information with a list of Freight Operators at Perth Airport
- Notice of Intent to Import Freight Decalration for Quarantine WA
Publications & Reports
WA State Aviation Strategy: The draft State Aviation Strategy is aimed at supporting the economic and social development of WA through the provision of safe, affordable, efficient and effective aviation services and infrastructure.
- The Western Australia Route Review Project (WARRP) is a comprehensive review of airspace use, flight routes and aviation procedures across Western Australia
- WA Department of Transport’s Regional Airports Development Scheme The objective of the Regional Airports Development Scheme (RADS) is to improve regional air services and air safety.
Western Australia Route Review Project - Aeronautical and air navigation information specifically for the aviation industry and pilots
Perth Airport Master Plan - has been prepared to satisfy the requirements of the Airports Act 1996.
- WA Department of Transport’s Draft State Aviation Strategy The draft State Aviation Strategy is aimed at supporting the economic and social development of WA through the provision of safe, affordable, efficient and effective aviation services and infrastructure.
- Western Australian Air Traffic Task Force Report to the Aviation Policy Group The purpose of the Task Force is to develop advice for CASA and Airservices, as appropriate, on measures to enhance the safety and efficiency of Western Australian air traffic.
Organisations and Contacts
Jandakot Airport information, the major General Aviation airport in Western Australia
Geraldton Airport information owned and operated by the City of Greater Geraldton and is situated approximately 10km east of Geraldton
Port Hedland Airport Information the gateway to Western Australia’s North West and the booming Pilbara region
Freight and Logistics Council WA The objective of the Council is to be a forum for industry decision-makers to talk with Government policy-makers at a senior level about supply chain efficiency